SA Elks Lodge - Queen of Hearts Raffle Rules:
- Promotion of The Queen of Hearts Raffle on our web site and social media by Texas Charitable Raffle Rules. TABC HB457
- Each of the 54 cards (includes two jokers) will be placed in a sealed envelope on the game board in the bar.
- Tickets are $2.00 each; Players can purchase as many tickets as desired for a single drawing
- DRAWING: Each Wednesday at 8PM at the bar. One ticket is drawn from all tickets sold since the last drawing to determine who wins the opportunity to select the Queen of Hearts playing card on the game board
- Ticket holder need not be present to be win, but the owner’s name and phone number must be on the back of the ticket for which the owner is not present and be clearly legible.
- On weeks one (1) and twenty six (26) three drawings will be held; all other weeks consist of a single drawing until the Queen of Hearts is found.
- The participant, whose ticket stub is drawn, is declared the winner of the weekly drawing and shall be entitled to select a single card in The Queen of Hearts Raffle. If there is no name and phone number on the ticket, the number will be read: if no one claims that ticket after announcing it 3 times it will be discarded and another ticket will be drawn. The winner whose name is not on the ticket must present the matching stub to be declared the winner.
- Each winner shall select one envelope containing a single playing card on the game board. If that winner is not present, an officer of the lodge will select an envelope from the game board. If that playing card is the Queen of Hearts the holder of the winning raffle ticket shall be awarded 60% of the Grand Prize Pool up to $50,000. If the person is not present, the award is reduced to 50% of the Grand Prize Pool up to $50,000. If the person is not present the prize will be held by the lodge Secretary until it is claimed. Prizes not claimed in 30 days are forfeited to the lodge.
- If the card selected is not the Queen of Hearts, that card shall be defaced and returned to the game board face-up.
- All remaining raffle tickets will be destroyed and a new pool of raffle tickets will be created for the next drawing.
- The winner will be immediately awarded a cash prize valued according to the following odds schedule: (Any 2, 3, 4, or 5: $10.00; Any 6, 7, 8, or 9: $15.00; Any 10, Jack, or King: $20.00; Any Ace: $25.00, Any Joker: $30.00; Any Queen other than Hearts: $40.00. If the winner is not present the payout is reduced by 25%.
- In accordance with Texas Law, The San Antonio Elks Lodge shall retain the remaining 40% of the Grand Prize Pool and all monies in excess of $50,000 as raffle profit.
Game starts on Wednesday, 3/27